- The Middle School NJ Regional Competition will be held on Friday, February 20, 2015 at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. Registration opens at 8:00 am, morning refreshments will be available. Orientation is at 8:45 am, if there are any available competition slots, team(s) will be selected during this time. Competitions begin at 9:00 am SHARP!
HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRATION is now full! Teams registering after January 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM, will be placed on the wait list. You will be notified of your status by the January 21, 2015 (registration deadline).
- The High School NJ Regional Competition will be held on Saturday, February 21, 2015 at the Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. Registration opens at 8:30 am, morning refreshments will be available. Orientation is at 9:15 am, if there are any available competition slots, teams will be selected during this time. Competitions begin at 9:30 am SHARP
PRIVATE, NON-SCHOOL AFFILIATED SCIENCE CLUBS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REGISTER. The only eligible teams are school-based teams and homeschool groups. Each school-based team must be coached by a school employee or a person identified by the school principal. Please review the Science Bowl Rules & Guidelines for details & clarification on this rule.
Team Registration and Approval Guidelines:
- Any changes to the team roster may be made by the regional coordinator ONLY, until the registration deadline (Jan. 21, 2015). No further changes will be allowed after this date.
- The competition is limited to 16 teams for middle schools and 32 teams for high schools.
- The first team from each school is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the registration deadline.
- The National Science Bowl is a school-based competition. Teams of home-schooled students will be considered to belong to a school as long as they are part of an official home school association.
- Schools may register second teams, however, all second teams will be selected by random drawing (NOT by time stamp), space permitting, after the registration deadline.
- First school teams that register will take precedence over any second teams.
NJ Regional Science Bowl “Code of Conduct" & Media Release Forms
- All coaches must download, and return a signed copy of the Code of Conduct to us the day of the competition. Failure to do so may result in team penalties.
- All coaches must print and distribute a copy of the Media Release Form to each team member (see below).
- October 1, 2014: Registration opens for all teams at 12:00 PM.
- November 3, 2014: Team status notification
- January 21, 2015: Registration deadline for all teams. No further team roster changes will be permitted.
- February 16, 2015: Random drawing for "B" teams will be held, space permitting
- February 17, 2015: Notification of "B" team status to selected teams, if applicable
- February 20, 2015: 2015 New Jersey Regional Middle School Science Bowl
- February 21, 2015: 2015 New Jersey Regional High School Science Bowl